This November's elections are shaping up to be among the most consequential in recent U.S. history. Throughout the summer and fall, we are taking a look at the best candidates for working people. Today, we feature Missouri state Rep. Bill Kidd.
Here are some of the key reasons why Kidd is one of the best candidates for working people in 2018:
- Kidd is a small businessman who has experience creating good jobs for Missourians.
- He voted against "right to work" and voted to sustain former Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of right to work legislation.
- Kidd voted against paycheck deception legislation.
- When the Missouri House overrode Nixon's veto of a bill cutting unemployment benefits, Kidd voted to sustain the veto.
- He is endorsed by the Missouri AFL-CIO, Greater Kansas City AFL-CIO, the Greater Kansas City Building & Construction Trades Council, the International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transporation Workers (SMART) Transportation Division for Missouri, Fire Fighters (IAFF) Local 3133 and IAFF Local 781, Missouri NEA and Teamsters Joint Council 13.
To learn more about Kidd, visit his website.