On the latest episode of “State of the Unions,” Julie and Tim talk to UNITE HERE President D. Taylor about the activism of airline catering workers and the current moment for union organizing.
Listen to our previous episodes:
- Highlights of AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka's town halls in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Detroit, where he discussed NAFTA and trade.
- AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Liz Shuler talks about pushing the labor movement to be bold, take risks and not be afraid of failure.
- Pride at Work Executive Director Jerame Davis discusses the progress made by LGBTQ working people over the past quarter-century and the work still left to be done.
- Union organizer Andy Levin goes to Washington to make a difference for working people.
- Talking to National Nurses United (NNU) Executive Director Bonnie Castillo, RN, about the growing movement of registered nurses organizing for better jobs, a more just society and health care as a fundamental human right.
- Discussing why the new NAFTA is not good enough with former AFL-CIO Trade Policy Specialist Celeste Drake.
- A chat with Kristen Johnson, a deli manager and shop steward at the Stop & Shop in Somerville, Massachusetts, about why she went on strike.