On the latest episode of “State of the Unions,” podcast co-host Tim Schlittner talks to North America's Building Trades Unions (NABTU) Chief of Staff Mike Monroe about a Department of Labor proposal that would undermine world-class apprenticeships in the construction industry.
Listen to our previous episodes:
- A discussion with Texas AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Montserrat Garibay (Education Austin/AFT-NEA) in the wake of the deadly mass shooting in El Paso, Texas.
- UNITE HERE President D. Taylor talking about the activism of airline catering workers and the current moment for union organizing.
- Highlights of AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka's (UMWA) town halls in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Detroit, where he discussed NAFTA and trade.
- AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Liz Shuler (IBEW) talks about pushing the labor movement to be bold, take risks and not be afraid of failure.
- Pride At Work Executive Director Jerame Davis discusses the progress made by LGBTQ working people over the past quarter-century and the work still left to be done.
- Union organizer Andy Levin goes to Washington to make a difference for working people.
- Talking to National Nurses United (NNU) Executive Director Bonnie Castillo, RN, about the growing movement of registered nurses organizing for better jobs, a more just society and health care as a fundamental human right.