How to Re-Register for DACA

Step 1: Prepare your application package

  • You must include:
    • Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
    • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (EAD)
    • Form I-765 Worksheet
    • Filing fee of $495 ($410 for EAD application and $85 for biometrics)
  • All forms are free for download at
  • Don’t forget to sign your application.

Step 2: Mail your application package

  • You should submit your application not less than 120 days before the expiration date on your EAD. If possible, send by registered mail.
  • The relevant address for your country and state is listed at

Step 3: Wait for confirmation

  • USCIS will send a receipt notice once it confirms your application is complete. At the top of this notice you will find a receipt number that can be used to check the status of your case online.
  • If you do not receive your receipt notice within 105 days of filing, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to request assistance.

Step 4: Biometric review

  • If USCIS needs to collect your photograph, signature and/or fingerprints, it will send you an appointment notice to have your biometrics captured at an Application Support Center (ASC).
  • When you report to an ASC, you must bring:
    • Evidence of nationality and identity with a photograph of you, such as a passport
    • Your receipt and ASC appointment notice
    • Your current EAD, if you already have one

Step 5: Final determination

  • In the review process, USCIS may ask for additional documents to establish your eligibility for DACA. If you receive a Request for Evidence or a Notice of Intent to Deny, it is extremely important that you respond immediately to avoid processing delays and possible denial for failure to timely respond.
  • Upon successful completion of your case, USCIS will send you an approval notice and a new EAD.

Step 6: Update your records at work

  • Present your new work permit to human resources to keep your file up to date.

Contact your union representative for support or a referral for legal assistance.