Hillary Clinton totally gets it.
She understands that it’s all about jobs and that the middle class is the backbone of the U.S. economy. Keeping the middle class strong means keeping labor unions strong. "I’ve always believed that when unions are strong, families are strong and America is strong," she said earlier this year.
Hillary is determined to raise the minimum wage and "determined to create millions of new jobs," her former rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders, said.
Here’s a cheat sheet of the reasons Hillary Clinton will be good for the economy, the middle class and labor unions:
2. Hillary wants to rebuild the nation’s crumbling roads, bridges, dams and schools and, in the process, create millions of more jobs.
3. Hillary knows that good child care is a basic need of working families. She has proposed a plan to cap child care costs at 10% of a household’s income.
4. Hillary will rein in Wall Street and ensure that big banks do not create another financial crisis that will threaten the economy again.
5. Hillary wants the United States to offer paid family leave. She says the U.S. is the only developed country without paid family leave and will push to change that.
6. Hillary will ensure that women earn equal pay for equal work. She has said she will go beyond the Paycheck Fairness Act "so people won’t be fired or retaliated against for asking what their co-workers make."
7. Hillary will stand up for first responders, as she did after 9/11.
8. Hillary has pledged to remove the influence of billionaires and stealth groups from the elections by reforming the campaign finance laws.
9. Hillary has a plan to help hardworking immigrants become citizens and contribute even more to the U.S. economy.
10. Hillary will protect Social Security and Medicare against attacks from Republicans and will seek to expand it through a tax on the wealthiest Americans.