Common Sense Economics is a training and education program for working people by working people. The program provides an easy way for activists to get more involved in campaigns and helps develop or strengthen partnerships between labor and community.
The curriculum explains how the economy works and what we can do to make the economy work better for everyone.
Common Sense Economics Training Modules
Simple quizzes explain how the economy works and what we can do to make the economy work better for everyone. These are:
There are also in-depth trainings to accompany this material, including a training on economic issues unique to young workers. Every module of the tool has key components:
- An exercise for participants to explore how the economy is affecting their lives.
- An explanation of why the economy is out of balance and who benefits.
- An overview of a local campaign so participants can get active.
- A “rap” or message development by participants to engage others in the campaign.
- A plan to help participants get active in the progressive movement to change the economy.
Start mobilizing your base of activists and volunteers today by requesting a Common Sense Economics training.