The AFL-CIO Organizing Institute runs a highly selective, intensive training program for talented individuals who are committed to social justice and want to be union organizers. Trainees who successfully complete the paid, 12-week apprenticeship program will be recommended to unions looking to expand their organizing programs. Starting salaries for union organizers are competitive and have excellent benefits.
We are not accepting applications to the OI Apprenticeship Program at this time.
Check this site for program updates, post your resume on the AFL-CIO Resume Posting Service for Strategic Campaigners and visit unionjobs.com to find an exciting career in the labor movement.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for applicants who:
- Are ready to jump into a career as a union organizer;
- Are energetic and committed to helping working people win respect at work;
- Adapt and learn from new and challenging experiences;
- Have solid communication and leadership skills;
- Must be able to travel extensively and/or relocate;
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Applicants with union, student or community organizing experience are preferred. People of color, women and bilingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.